AF. Easter Baker's bundle - limited offer
Easter Baker's bundle packs - limited time offer. Choose your bundle:
One 250g bag of our Candied mixed peel
One 500g packet of the Spectacular Dried Fruit mix
30 bundles only, first in best dressed.
Its a March Easter and unbelievably that's just around the corner. Before harvest and Easter gift box orders completely take over our lives we have diced and candied mixed citrus peel.
The backstory to our citrus peel. Our aim at Singing Magpie is to bring you the best that we can grow and produce from the Riverland. Intrinsically linked to this is minimising our waste and being more efficient and sustainable in how we use and value the land that we farm on.
Introducing our mixed candied citrus peel. Think about our citrus slices that don't quite make the A grade slice, potentially waste but in our eyes there is such a different story to tell. I've been wanting to create this product for you for a long while but it is a process of time and labour. It takes time some five hours to dice, remove the bitterness from the pith, candied in a sugar syrup (no other preservatives are used) and then drained. But oh my goodness is a beautiful culmination of patience. The final product is like glistening citrus jewels, so delicate and fragrant. Perfect to nibble on but of course the perfect baking ingredient.
So its now or never if you want to grab one of these Easter baking bundles.
Free delivery across Australia.
If you are looking for recipes on what you use your ultimate baking bundle of goodies for here is a running list of my current favourites:
- The Ultimate Rhubarb Fruit Crumble that totally rocked our Father's day get together this year.
- Our Fig and Orange mincemeat which is definitely a Christmas favourite but try folding the fruit mince through vanilla ice-cream, it's a winner all year round.
- The popular Mrs T's very lovely boiled fruitcake recipe.
- My take on Emiko Davies Italian bread pudding (pinza di pane) and also her sensational Pan Del Doge Di Zaira (Zaira's Fruit Cake). In both recipes I replaced the fruit listed with the equivalent weight of our diced fruit mix. Stunning.
- Dried fruit and orange scrolls
- A crowd favourite Chocolate Fruit and Almond Protein balls
- Sticky Fruit Pudding with salted caramel & coconut topping.
We recommend keeping your diced fruit and candied peel in the fridge or freezer.
Our Sticky Quince Syrup can be kept in your pantry, refrigeration not required.
- Singing Magpie Produce packs a range of produce on shared equipment including dried fruit, pecans and almonds. While we do our best to avoid any kind of cross contamination this can occasionally occur and any of our products may contain traces of these.
- Spectacular Diced Dried Fruit: Australian dried fruit, preservative (220), sugar,lemon. Allergen warning: Contains sulphites. May contain traces of pecans and almonds.
- Candied Mixed Peel: Australian dried citrus - oranges, lemons, limes ( 50%), sugar.